We started providing our 2 hour free Footprints Oxford Walking Tours of Oxford City Centre nearly two years ago, and it has quickly earned a global reputation. It includes a vast range of information delivered by our University educated guides, from the start of Oxford as a Saxon town, to its current position as a world cultural centre, famous for its history and traditions. Oxford has been around for nearly 2000 years and we believe it deserves at least 2 hours of your time.
All our Oxford walking tours are delivered in a way to ensure you don’t fall asleep! We hate dry, boring tours, so much that we started providing tours. History is not boring, and with so many big events and leaders being tied into the history of Oxford (as well as so many bizarre traditions and funny stories), there is no excuse for not enjoying every minute of your tour in Oxford.
Our 2 Hour Free Oxford Walking Tour covers:
- An in-depth history of the University colleges, including:
- Christ Church – where 13 British Prime Ministers
- All Souls College
- Trinity College
- Oriel College
- Hertford College
- Merton College
- Bodleian Library
- Radcliffe Camera
- University Church of St Mary
- And many more University sights!
- An equally in-depth history of the town
- Ceremonies at Oxford
- Famous graduates, and their little known experiences at Oxford
- Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland
- Also our famous “finishing story” which details how the most powerful Archbishop of Canterbury England has ever seen, came to be burnt at the stake in Oxford!
How much does all that cost?
It’s FREE! We believe that you, the customer, should tell us how much it is worth. So while some companies will demand a set amount for a shorter tour, showing you less of Oxford University, we let you decide what our Oxford walking tour is worth. If you have a good time, leave us a tip. If not, it was nice to meet you!
It means we are constantly working to give the best Oxford walking tours, and people obviously agree, otherwise we would be long gone.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 11 am and 2 pm
Friday 11am and 2pm
Saturday 11am, 12.30pm, 2pm 3.30pm
Sunday 11 am 12.30pm and 2pm
Length: 2 Hours
Includes: Sticker for discounts in lots of stores in Oxford